Posted by sioned.owen_955 on 3rd September 2018
This week is zero waste week. There are many ways in which you can get involved here are our top five.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. If you don’t recycle, use this week as a good incentive to start. If you are an active recycler begin to look at ways you can reduce your waste, and instead of throwing things away find a new purpose for waste and upcycle!
- Make the most of the council facilities offered to you. Most councils offer a kerbside recycling service which is an easy way to begin to make a big difference.
- Reduce your paper footprint. Fed up of receiving unwanted junk mail through the post? Find out how you can opt out of junk mail through the Royal Mail website https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/293/~/how-do...
- Introduce a compost bin to your home or place of work, and make the most of fruit and vegetable peelings.
- If you are having a big clear out, think about donating your unwanted goods. Make use of your local FreeCycle, recycling group or donate them to charity.