Low Energy Consultancy Limited (LEC) and its subsidiary companies are both controllers and processors of personal information. We are fully committed to protecting and maintaining your privacy and comply with data protection laws that are applicable in respect of data processing within the UK. LEC determines the purposes and the manner in which personal data is processed.
This privacy notice sets out how we collect, use, store and protect your personal information and your rights in relation to your information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
To facilitate your interest in LEC, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal data when you actively enquire about our services
- Name, place of work, position
- Contact information including email address and any telephone or mobile telephone number
- Postal address
- Your interests and motives behind your interaction with LEC
- The method in which you found our website
- Various information collected and stored by third party cookies
The information that is processed about you is dependent on the purpose and channel of your enquiry. This includes but is not limited to:
- enquiries for more information about LEC, it’s goods and services
- job applications
- to fulfil a contract we have with you or your business
- information provided through our mobile applications
For employees, agency workers and sub-contractors of LEC, we have a contractual and legal obligation to collect and process personal data in relation to administering the relationship between us, which includes but is not limited to:
- Personal Detail to process Payroll, Pensions, Insurances, Training and any related activities
- Next of Kin detail
- Time and attendance including biometric systems
- Health and Safety Records
Some types of personal data are defined as special. We will only collect and use these types of data if the law allows us to:
- Health data
- Criminal convictions data
We do collect and use such special data to comply with our contractual and/or legal obligations. This may be to:
- establish, exercise or defend legal claims
- register staff to work in certain premises or types of premises (e.g. schools or other places where vulnerable people may be present)
- at induction to establish or identify factors that allow us to provide and manage a suitable working environment either at our own premises or as obligated at client or other premises
- review driver licence endorsements and health matters which impact on an entitlement to drive
- manage private medical insurance and other life or sickness benefit insurance schemes
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM OTHERS
Data from third parties that we work with, including but not limited to our clients, suppliers, agencies and subcontractors, companies that introduce you to us, information from publicly available resources etc.
Driving records from the DVLA, CRB checks from the Disclosure and Barring Service, HMRC notices etc.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the information held about you for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as may be obvious in the context of collection). Your personal data will be used by us in the following ways:
- To respond to your enquiries
- To send you information you have requested
- To improve our business and the service and/or products we provide
- To manage our operations and business in an efficient and proper way
- To facilitate any interest in a career with LEC
- To verify your identity where this is required
- Maintain our records to comply with HMRC and other legal and contractual requirements
- To process financial transactions to employees, our supply chain or any other party where we have a contractual relationship
- To collect and recover money that is owed to us
- To exercise our rights set out in contracts and agreements
- To prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption
- For market research purposes
We do not collect or compile personal data for release or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
We must have a legal reason to process your personal information. Your information will be processed to meet our legitimate contractual and legal requirements and to facilitate your interest in or interaction with our business. In those few cases where your consent is required, this will be communicated to you at the point of collection (for instance by tick boxes on our website).
INFORMATION STORAGE AND RETENTION
We have security measures in place to protect your personal information and keep it confidential. We review these measures regularly to make sure they remain appropriate. We cannot guarantee the security of any third-party application you may use to transmit your data (for example, internet browsers).
We will keep your personal information for at least as long as we have a relationship with you. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal, regulatory, insurance, contractual and professional obligations.
Personal information not pertinent to those obligations will be destroyed if so requested.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group who need access to that information to assist you with the purpose of your enquiry.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- that are engaged by us to provide services to us, (for example but not limited to our vehicle fleet, insurance and pension matters) in which case we will require those parties to keep that information confidential and secure and to use it solely for the purpose of providing the specified services to us
- if so required to identify you to clients or others where you are required to attend or have access to their premises
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by our site will be one of the transferred assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to regulatory or law enforcement agencies.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our site and apps may, from time to time, contain links to other websites, mainly those of our partners and clients, but also those of other third parties. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have rights regarding your personal information, including the right to access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of it. We would encourage you to inform us if the information we hold about you is no longer accurate. We may need extra information from you to deal with any request. If you would like to discuss or exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not want us to process your data, then we may not be able to facilitate your interest in our business.
In the event that you have cause for complaint please contact us and we will follow up with you to resolve this. If you have a data privacy related complaint, you also have the option to direct your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
By phone: 0303 123 1113
By post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
HOW TO CONTACT US
LEC Registered Office